Meatballs are a staple at my house. If I don’t have a batch in the freezer, something is seriously wrong. They are super simple to make — no knife or cutting board required! I freeze them in individual portions, so anyone can grab a container, heat and eat.
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
splash of milk
pinch of onion powder (more to taste)
pinch of garlic powder (more to taste)
salt and pepper
1 pound lean ground beef (I use 90% lean)
Optional: 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk the egg in a large bowl. Add the cheese, bread crumbs, milk and seasonings. Stir to combine. You should have sort of a paste.
3. Crumble the ground beef on top of the mixture in the bowl. Mix gently but thoroughly with your hands, until it is combined.
4. Form the mixture into 12 – 15 meatballs, placing them on the prepared baking sheet as you go. (You can also make a whole tray full of mini-meatballs with this same mixture, which are great in soup or with small pasta shapes for kids.) Wet your hands with cold water occasionally if the meat is sticking to them.
5. Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes (mini-meatballs) or 20 minutes (large meatballs), flipping over about half way through the cooking time. Meatballs are now ready when you are!
6. Optional: Place cooked meatballs in a pot of marinara sauce and simmer for 20 minutes or so. Serve immediately, or cool and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 1 month.